You think you've played some nice courses but have you played any of the Discovery Land Co. courses? These courses are a little bit ridiculous. Comfort Stations with Mai Tai's, champagne, ice cones, cigars, you name it, they got it.
🤪Your club brand determines your personality
👹 Jason Day fights inner demons
🐥 Robert Streb goes on a birdie binge at the CJ Cup
⛳️ Where the uber rich golf
Discovery Land Company..Discover How Little Money You Actually Have
The CJ Cup is being played this week in Las Vegas at The Summit Club after slumming it last year at Shadow Creek(home of the $750 tee time).
With backing from the Discovery Land Company, this place (and its affiliated properties) are more exclusive than a ride on Tiger Woods yacht.
You may be wondering just who in tarnation is this “Discovery Land Company”?
Well, they appear to have amassed a federal reserve-esque fortune and bought up every property on earth that is used to make million dollar postcard views. Just a few examples:
- Bakers Bay: your sun-splashed Bahamian paradise. Complete with a marina village reminiscent of something out of a Disney movie. Home of the first #SB2K trip for Speith, Thomas, Fowler, and Kaufman, and later Kaufman’s wedding.
- Gozzer Ranch: play golf/baseball go waterskiing in the summer and skate on the ponds all winter, in this Idaho wonder. Also, a Wayne Gretzky get-away.
- Madison Club: hobnob with the rich (obviously) and the famous. We’ve heard reports that Raymond...from Everybody Loves Raymond is a member here.
- Kukio: Aloha! This Big Island course is accompanied by a 10 hole short course closer to the Kukio Bay. If you’re not on the course, you’re riding waves...or why even get a place here brah.
- Troubadour: this may be the only property where picking a banjo is okay. You can also go fishing, horseback riding, catch a live show from some Nashville star, and we even hear the golf is pretty good. Ask Justin Thomas, he spends a lot of time here.
- Silo Ridge: farmhouse chic, need we say more to summarize the look and feel of this place. 800 acres in the Hudson Valley...just reeks of money.
If this hasn’t depressed you enough, you can also check out all the other locales one thumbnail at a time.
Seems that Tom Fazio has also amassed a small gold brick collection in all of this as he designed most, if not all, of the courses you are currently drooling over.
You may be wondering, how do I, a mere mortal, gain access to these wonderful sun-splashed spots. Well, first off, you need acres of money, (yes, acres) in that your Benjamins need to blanket several acres of land in order to gain access to these haunts.
- DJ as Ryder Cup Captain: we don't have to guess what kind of Captain DJ would be..."just go out and have fun and win" (our words),"Well, I feel like I would let the guys just do their thing," (his words).
- Leaf Season: Golf.com has put together a list of the 10 essential leaf-raking tips you need to know this fall.
- Jason Day: hasn't been a topic of conversation lately. He's fallen from number 1 in the world to 79th, on his way to missing some majors in 2022. In this article, he opens up about his inner demons and how his priorities have changed.
- Lambo-cart: we're partial to the three-wheeled death mobile that can corner on a dime and toss our playing partner into the slew on the third hole. But Lamborghini is going to try and one-up the three-wheeled fun machine with their own golf cart.
- Biggest Career Pay Checks: Sam Snead took home an eye-watering $24,000 at the 1968 Milwaukee Open...his biggest paycheck. Tommy Armour broke the bank with a $2,500 check at the 1930 St. Louis Open. Here is a list of the biggest career paychecks.
- Damn kids: a pro on the Symetra Tour was nailed with a four-stroke penalty when it was discovered that her daughters 23" club was stuck in the bottom of her bag. But don't stand in the way of a mom and her mission, she overcame the four-stroke penalty and secured her card on the LPGA Tour.
PIC OF THE DAY
The CJ Cup is being played at the Summit Club (see article above), the uber private golf club in the Las Vegas desert. According to Golf Digest, players walk through a tunnel that is blasting Frank Sinatra songs on loop all day...we'll take a whiskey neat with that. Here are some highlights of this property.
Your personality type determines the brand of clubs you buy...hmmm, this sounds suspect.
What do our Northwestern's say about our personality? If you buy Pings you're a bit of an introvert, if you buy Callaway's you're a bit of an extrovert.
INSIDE THE ROPES
That par on number 7 must've felt like a triple bogey. On the flip side, Justin Rose was 10 strokes back only two holes into the tournament. That's a hole that's hard to dig yourself out of.
STAN SMITH PRIMEGREEN LIMITED-EDITION:
Adidas has been on fire as of late with their Stan Smith Limited Edition drops. From course to the dance floor in style for only $120 USD.
*not a sponsored post
SHARE THE SHACK
Share today's newsletter to your favorite social sites...or your favorite playing partner(s). Help spread the word! Technically you're helping spread words...plural. Just tap forward in your email browser and send it to all your friends. Hopefully, you have friends.
We thank you in advance!