Travel plans for 2022? We've got a few suggestions for you. A few jumping-off points. A few inexpensive and a few "WHAT?" expensive.
💰CJ Cup Money List
⏰Fastest group in history?
🏆 22 shot victory
⛳️ Mental fatigue is a real thing on tour
2022 Epic Golf Trips
Your buddies and gals need you. They need you to take them on an epic golf trip, but where?
This is not an exhaustive list but they're a jumping-off point. The courses and areas we've listed have more than one course so you're either on-site the entire time or jumping small distances to get to each course.
Day one - warm-up at Spanish Bay
Day two - play Pebble Beach (do yourself the favor and book everything through Pebble)
Day three - SpyGlass (get ready to have your ass handed to you
You can extend the trip and play Poppy Hills, which is in the same area.
If you're flying out of San Fran, stop and drop some bogeys at Pasatiempo.
This trip will set you back.
Bandon Dunes...need we say more? No. And we won't
Yeah, that's right, we're recommending Wisconsin.
Day One - Erin Hills
Day Two - Lawsonia Links
Day Three through Five - Sand Valley
Do it all in one trip. You'll be exhausted but you won't be disappointed. And it's not going to cost you anywhere near what the Pebble trip will cost you.
It just feels weird to type Missouri as a golf destination, buuut....
Big Cedar Lodge - 5 courses right outside your cabin door. That's right, cabin door.
East Coast of Canada:
Cabot Cape Breton: Home of Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs. They'll blow your hair back. Seriously it gets windy.
Streamsong(s): Red, Black, Blue (what is what your feet will look like after walking these courses.
Kootenay's of BC: (Canada)
Not really the west coast but close.
Seven Courses within 24 minutes of each other...here are the top 5
Interior of BC: (Canada)
Day One - Talking Rock
Day Two - Tobiano
Day Three through Four - Sagebrush (bring your fishing rod)
This should at least get the conversation started within your foursome or eightsome. FYI, Sagebrush lets you play in an eightsome. How you ask? They only have between 40 and 60 golfers on the course at any one time.
- A year's salary: a tie for 25th at the CJ Cup is equal to the 2020 median household income in the US. Momma Mia! Here is the payout for each player including the last place check of $15,750.
- He's so good-looking: Adam Scott's swing is just as good-looking as he is, but it got him into trouble on Sunday at the CJ Cup. From fairway bunkers to cart paths Scott had all the tricks up his sleeve. Get it? Cause he's in Vegas? Tricks up his sleeve? Never mind.
- Full 360º: Seonghyeon Kim turned a 3-foot birdie putt into a one-stroke penalty. That deserves a closer look. His birdie putt performed a flawless 360 like a figure skater at the Olympics only to hang over the edge of the cup. His putt eventually dropped but not soon enough.
- Amputated Leg: Remember Casey Martin? College teammate of Tiger & Notah? He once requested the PGA Tour for the use of a cart during tournament play and was ultimately denied. He sued. He won. But the past week his circulatory disorder ultimately won as he had to have his leg amputated just above the knee.
- It's not all birdies & eagles: pro golfers are starting to open up about the mental struggles they endure playing a game they love in the public eye. Matthew Wolff took a two-month leave after feeling the pressures of playing high-level golf and becoming increasingly unhappy. Here's a great article from Golf.com. Jon Rahm just announced he doesn't want to see a golf club for four weeks.
- Tiger Announcement: no, it's not the one you were waiting for...it's the field for the Hero World Challenge.
- 22 Shot Victory: that was not a pselling mitsake...Stanford won its latest title by a mind-blowing 22 strokes. The team is being led by the unstoppable freshman (again not a pselling mitsake) Rose Zhang who claimed her third straight win.
PIC OF THE DAY
Jackie and Al must've shopped at the same country club
INSIDE THE ROPES
The highlights and the lowlights: check this highlight reel out from the CJ Cup.
INSIDE THE ROPES
If you're into Action/Thriller movies this is the Twitter blockbuster of the year!
Four pro golfers attempt to play an entire par 4 faster than we can place our ball on a tee after 12 holes and three beer cart visits. This is riveting TwitTV. We were on the edge of our phone the entire time, we may have even yelled at it. HURRY!
Penfold Golf is a British Heritage golf brand that has risen from the ashes of time and is back in action. So much action that they've partnered with the 007 franchise for their latest release. We don't take our PBR's shaken or stirred but we'd take an Ace up our sleeve ballmarker any day.
*not a sponsored post
SHARE THE SHACK
Share today's newsletter to your favorite social sites...or your favorite playing partner(s). Help spread the word! Technically you're helping spread words...plural. Just tap forward in your email browser and send it to all your friends. Hopefully, you have friends.
We thank you in advance!